Friday, January 14, 2011
I'm still not quite for sure why you think it's ok to rear your ugliness in the kitchen. Holes on the top, I can do. Those are Monk's doings, but burnt crust? That's what a crust cover is for. I sold them for Pampered Chef for crying out loud. How can I forget it!?!?! But now that you're sitting in front of me, I can really see just how icky you really are. Way too dark for comfort, too crispy to chew, and the slight smell of burntness engulfs my kitchen. I do not like you, burnt crust of my pie. There may be 10,000 other things going on at that very instant in time, but you will never again be one of them. That's all the time I shall give you, because that's all you're worth.
Ashley E's Sweet Cream Pie
I got the base of the pie from Paula Deen's recipe, and then messed with it to make my own :)
1 1/3 c sugar
1/2 c flour
1 c heavy cream
3/4 c whole milk
1 unbaked pie shell WITH PIE CRUST SHIELD(we wouldn't want and burnt crusts now would we?)
1/2 tsp vanilla
mixture of sugar cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl
* Spray the pie dish and set crust
* In a bowl, mix dry ingredients, and then add the wet
* Scatter blots of butter around the top of the pie
* Make enough of the sugar/cinn./nutmeg mixture to cover the top of the pie
* sprinkle the top of the pie with the mixture to cover the top
* PLACE PIE CRUST SHIELD ON THE CRUST!!!!!!!!!!
* 425 degrees for about 10 minutes and then 350 for the remaining 25-30 minutes, or until center is set
One can not go wrong with Mrs. Paula Deen as your guide I always think.